DNB Program – The Department of Cardiology at SSSIHMS, Prashantigram is accredited by the National Board of Examinations to offer a 3-year training program leading to DNB in Cardiology. The Department was first accredited in the year 1994 and supports an intake of 2 candidates annually.
The three year residential program starts in January every year. Candidates desirous of applying for the course should have passed MD/DNB General Medicine/Pediatrics and should have cleared CET conducted by the National Board of Examinations.
- The department prides in having the best results in the country since the inception of the program in 1994. 15 candidates have successfully qualified till date, a majority of them in the first attempt.
- 2 National Gold Medallists during successive years 2004 and 2005. Excellent infrastructure for learning with dedicated, nationally-recognized senior teaching staff. Exposure to total spectrum of congenital, valvular, coronary, heart failure, arrhythmia related disorders
- Strong teaching program that combines didactic and clinical instruction.
- Clinical training involves periodical postings in both Non-Invasive Cardiology (Transthoracic and Transesophageal Echocardiography, 3 D echocardiography, Stress ECG and Holter lab, Cardiac MRI) and Invasive Cardiology (Diagnostic and Interventional procedures, Angioplasties and stent implantations, Myocardial Septal Ablations for Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathies, Balloon dilation for valvular heart diseases, device closure for selected congenital heart diseases, electrophysiology and pacemaker/ICD implantation, etc.).
- Academic activities include regular seminars, journal clubs, cath and echo conferences, combined cardiology/CTVS meetings, and a strong bedside teaching program. Candidates are encouraged to attend national conferences and present the results of their scientific research work at regional and national meetings.
- In keeping with the philosophy of Sri Sathya Sai Institutions, the course is offered free of charge
- The state-of-the-art high definition exclusive video conferencing facility between the departments of cardiology of SSSIHMS, Prashanthigram and Bangalore makes it possible to have combined academic meetings daily.
- During the training, candidates are paid stipend as per the new National Board Guidelines as on December 2013
For any queries please contact Cardiology DNB Admissions
Telephone: 08555-287388 ext 1710